- To account for assets acquired from other divisions within organization
- To account for assets acquired from other affiliated/subsidiary company
Process of Assets Transfer
- In case any asset is acquired from SAP Asset Acquisition from Affiliated Company or Organization, who are using Asset Accounting in SAP or otherwise, to be process flow is elaborated in the document on transfer of fixed asset.
- In case any asset is acquired from other affiliates or subsidiaries of Company or Organization, to be process is as follows:
- Create internal Order, incorporating approval reference for such acquisition.
- Create the asset master in the receiving company code with following details:
- Asset Class
- Description of Assets
- Business Area
- Internal Order number to relate to sanction
- Cost Center to capture depreciation
- Relevant Insurance data
- Depreciation data for the relevant depreciation areas
- Depreciation keys
In Transferee company
- In case the asset is acquired from affiliates / subsidiaries of company or organization, capitalize the value of asset with Transaction code “ABZP” with transaction type 150 (Acquisition from an affiliated company). A specific G/L account is credited and asset is debited.
- Then on receipt of the Debit Note that specific GL account is debited and Vendor account (created against the affiliated company) is credited.
- Capitalize the asset with transaction code F-90. A specific G/L account or a Vendor account (created against the affiliated company) is credited and asset is debited.
Asset Master is created for new assets
Asset values and depreciation fund (for inter-divisional transfers) are recorded in the financial books